These easy deviled eggs are made using a recipe that my mother always uses. These eggs are a perfect addition to potlucks, holiday parties, and family dinners.
Boiling the Eggs
Boiling an egg is fairly simple but achieving a beautiful golden color in the centers can be more difficult for some than others.
After bringing the water to a full boil, add the eggs gently at one time. While the eggs are boiling for ten minutes, prepare a bowl of ice and enough water for the eggs to be fully submerged in. This extra step prevents the egg yolks to turn green or to become discolored. After the eggs are completely cool to the touch, it’s time to begin the next step – preparing your filling.
Preparing the filling
The texture is really important when making deviled eggs. If you don’t get your filling smooth, it will result in lumpy pieces of egg yolk and no one wants that. After spooning the yolks out of your eggs, mash them to break them down and make them smooth. Creaming the mayonnaise and mustard after you have mashed them down will really help achieve that creamy and smooth texture you are going for.
Easy Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Paprika for garnish optional
- After boiling eggs for 10 minutes, place them in ice cold water until cool to the touch.
- Carefully take shells off of the eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise and then spoon out yolks.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks then add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well.
- Add in remaining ingredients one at a time, making sure to blend well.
- Either spoon filling back into eggs or use a piping bag and tip to fill eggs.