Panda Express Copycat for Sweet Fire Chicken. This one-skillet meal is made with crispy chicken and sweet and spicy flavors in every bite.
This article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and it is a means to help support this blog.
Panda Express Copycat
This Sweet Fire Chicken is a copycat of my most favorite dish from the restaurant. The flavors are amazing in this meal and it’s one that I can’t get enough of. The sweet chili sauce mixed with the flavors of red pepper flakes and fresh pineapples really gives your mouth an explosion of flavors. This recipe easily serves a family of four and it’s simple to make! In less than 30 minutes, this one-skillet meal is from the stove to table and ready to be eaten!
Sweet Fire Chicken
I use flour, egg, and cornstarch to create a beautiful crispy coating on the chicken breasts. By removing the cooked chicken from the skillet and adding it back into the dish once it’s complete, it keeps it nice and crispy. It has a sweet chili sauce that really adds the much-loved heat to this dish. I also changed up the recipe a bit by adding cubed orange peppers into the ingredient list. You can easily leave the orange pepper out, but I like the added color and texture it adds to the dish.
Garnish and Sides
I garnish the Sweet Fire Chicken with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions. To toast the sesame seeds, I heated a nongreased skillet on medium heat and add sesame seeds for about 30 seconds and stirred them around to get even toasting.
I serve white rice as a side on this filling and flavorful dish. You can, of course, make fried rice, chow mein, or serve up a some steamed broccoli as a side.
Sweet Fire Chicken - Panda Express Copycat
- 3 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp oil for frying, divided
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 1 orange pepper cubed
- 1 onion cubed
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- green onions sliced
- sesame seeds toasted
- Add cornstarch and flour to separate bowls.
- In a third bowl, add 1 egg and beat.
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks and add to flour.
- Dip into egg wash and then roll into cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tbsp for oil into large skillet and add chicken in batches once the skillet is hot.
- Repeat until all chicken is cooked - set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the same skillet.
- Add cubed peppers and onions and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of sweet chili sauce and the 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Stir and add chicken back into skillet.
- Stir to cover chicken in the sweet chili sauce.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: