This Strawberry Ice Cream Milkshake is made using strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries. This recipe yields a serving of 4 and is topped with whipped cream and served with a fresh strawberry as garnish.
Fresh Strawberry Milkshake
This recipe calls for using fresh strawberries. After washing and patting dry the fresh strawberries, hull them, and sprinkle sugar to cover all of the strawberries surface areas. Chill them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes ahead of time so that the sugars can bring out the natural flavors of the strawberries. It also gives the strawberries to firm back up before adding them into the blender. Make sure to pick strawberries that are ripe. That way, you are adding fully ripe and juicy strawberries to your milkshakes and not adding strawberries that are underripe and have white centers. Make sure to leave a few strawberries out to garnish the glass with!
Strawberry Ice Cream vs Vanilla Ice Cream
This recipe calls for strawberry ice cream but you can use vanilla ice cream if you would like to. Using vanilla ice cream will alter the taste of the milkshake as it will have less of a strawberry flavor. You can also purchase strawberry ice cream that has a cream mix-in but we prefer just plain strawberry ice cream. Either way that you make it if you want the milkshake to be pink, you will need to add red food coloring to the blender. If you don’t want to use food coloring, just simply leave it out. 🙂
RELATED: Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
Great Treat for Valentine’s Day
This recipe makes 4 12 oz servings so it’s great as a Valentine’s Day treat for the family! You can use smaller glasses for the kids (it works well if you have more than 3!) and top the strawberry ice cream milkshakes off with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry. It’s a simple sweet treat using simple ingredients and it’s done very quickly!
Strawberry Ice Cream Milkshake
- 16 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- whipped cream optional
- 6 drops red food coloring
- Prepare strawberries by hulling them. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of sugar on the strawberries and place them in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes. Leave a few strawberries for garnish.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 14 scoops of strawberry ice cream into a blender.
- Add in the milk and vanilla.
- Place 6 drops of red food coloring into the blender.
- Blend until the desired consistency.
- Add in the desired amount of strawberries and blend until the strawberries are small bits - it takes just a few seconds.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: