This Pineapple Pico de Gallo is incredibly easy to make, is made with fresh ingredients, and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
My favorite thing about pico de gallo is that it’s made with fresh ingredients. Every bite has a nice flavorful crunch to it and it goes well with all sorts of food! In this recipe, I used 2 jalapenos and diced pineapples in this recipe and it gives it a refreshing sweetness to this classic salsa.
Related: Loaded Beef Nachos
Serving Pineapple Pico de Gallo
Pineapple Pico de Gallo is best made and served fresh. Luckily, it’s incredibly easy to throw together as it takes very little time at all. You can serve it will tortilla chips, mix into the ingredients for a tasty cheesy quesadilla , in your breakfast omelette, or make Blackened Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo.
Add Some Heat
I added 2 jalapenos to this recipe but the sweet flavor of the diced pineapples mingles with the hotness of the jalapenos and tames the jalapeno flavor. Personally, for me, dicing 2 jalapenos into this recipe created a nice balance of flavors. If you prefer more heat, I would suggest to make the recipe as is, taste it, and then add more jalapenos if you prefer to.
Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion small
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch cilantro small
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh or bottled
- 1 cup diced pineapples
- Dice all ingredients into very small pieces.
- Simply mix together the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and the salt.
- Stir in the lime juice, mixing well.
- Stir in the diced pineapples.
- Mix in the diced cilantro and blend well with other ingredients.
- Store in airtight container and consume within a day or two. It tastes best fresh!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: