These Peppermint Patty Chocolate Cookies are made using peppermint patty pieces, dipping white chocolate, and crushed peppermint candy canes.
Peppermint is one of the top flavors of the Holiday season. When I created this cookie I wanted it to not only taste delicious but to look festive as well! One side of the cookie I put halved mini peppermint patties and on the other side, I dipped it in white chocolate and sprinkled crushed peppermint candy canes on the white chocolate. I didn’t really think it was going on come out as delicious as it looked!
Great for the Holidays
These cookies would work great as a gift during the holidays! They would easily fit inside small treat bags and be tied off with a red and white ribbon. The flavors in this cookie would also be great for Christmas parties, or even just for a cozy night in with the kids. It’s a cookie everyone can enjoy.
Cookie Dipped in White Chocolate
After making this cookie and adding the peppermint patty pieces, it’s important to let this cookie cool completely before moving on to adding the white chocolate. If you do not wait until the cookie is completely cool and set, it will fall apart and your cookies will be ruined. I test the cookies by picking them up and checking to see if they still bend. If they don’t bend and start to tear, you’re ready for the dipping process. After dipping these cookies in the melted white chocolate, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on the cookie and let cool.
TIP: It’s a good idea to dip the cookies one at a time to ensure the crushed candy canes will stick to the cookies.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
Peppermint Patty Chocolate Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag mini peppermint patties
- peppermint candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add 1 egg at a time until incorporated.
- Add salt, baking soda, baking cocoa, and flour a little at a time.
- Form into balls and place on ungreased sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for about 3 minutes before adding peppermint patty pieces on cookies (one half of cookie).
- Place on baking rack and let cookies completely cool before moving on to the next step.
- Once cookies are completely cool and set, melt white dipping chocolate in a small bowl according to package directions.
- Dip the side of the cookie that you did not place peppermint patties on into white chocolate and immediately lay flat.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy canes.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER COOKIE RECIPES