Mama’s Monster Cookies Recipe
This Monster Cookies recipe has been handed down many generations in my family. It was a favorite in my childhood during the Holidays and now a favorite of my own children as well. This cookie is easy to make and delicious to eat and makes a large batch so you will have plenty to share.
This recipe comes together very easily with very simple ingredients.
These are incredibly easy to mix, you don’t need a mixer. You can do it by spoon or by hand. If you do make this recipe by hand -the trick is to make wide swipes in the bowl to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
You simply sprinkle and stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s so you don’t over mix and break the pieces.
They come out perfectly round in shape if you use a cookie scoop. It’s a great way to keep your cookies consistent, especially important if giving as gifts.
Mama's Monster Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 11.5 oz bag chocolate chips
- 11 oz bag M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine softened butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs in mixing bowl and beat until creamy. I use my Kitchenaid Mixer.
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda in large bowl
- Mix on low.
- Slowly add dry mixture to mixing bowl and stir on low.
- Adding a little at a time, mix in chocolate chips.
- Mix in M&M's.
- Scoop cookie mixture onto ungreased cookie sheets. I use a cookie scoop to get the same size cookies.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, let cool.
Let cookies cool completely and store in air tight container. www.mamaneedscake.com