This lemon oven-roasted asparagus is a healthy, quick, and is an easy side dish. It’s also low carb and keto friendly!
Picking the Asparagus
For this recipe, I choose asparagus spears that are on the thinner side. I prefer my asparagus to be lightly roasted and tender. If you do choose to make this recipe with spears that are thicker, then adjust the roasted time by 2-3 minutes.
Quick and Easy Side Dish
Making this lemon oven-roasted asparagus side dish is incredibly simple and quick to make. After washing and trimming the spears, toss together the ingredients and coat the asparagus. Line them in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese if desired. To make this recipe vegan-friendly, simply leave out the Parmesan cheese – it’s that simple!
Serving Asparagus as a Side
Many dishes go well with a side of asparagus. It can be served with steak, chicken, fish such as salmon, or simply added into a salad for a vegan variety. Asparagus has an earthy green flavor so it pairs best with saltier foods as well as nuts.
Lemon Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus spears trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash and trim the asparagus spears.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, black pepper, salt, minced garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon.
- On an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, lay the asparagus spears in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of asparagus spears. Spears should be tender.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: