A creamy and flavorful key lime cheesecake made in the Instant Pot and topped with Homemade Whipped Cream. It is garnished with crushed graham crackers and lime zest.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
Preparing the Crust
I always line my Cheesecake Pan with parchment paper because, for me, it’s so much easier to remove it from the pan. It’s not necessary to do this, you can instead use nonstick cooking spray. I just prefer the parchment paper method.
I always blind bake my crusts because I prefer a crispier bite when eating cheesecake. You prepare the crust by melting the crushing the graham crackers, melting the butter, and mixing the ingredients together along with the salt and the brown sugar. You can completely forgo the blind baking if you want, but the graham cracker crust won’t have as much of a crunch as it would if you were to blind bake it.
TIP: Blind baking is when you bake a crust in the oven without the filling. It makes the crust a little more crunchy than if you were to ignore the blind baking step.
Key Lime Cheesecake Filling
This cheesecake has lime juice and key lime zest. If you don’t have key limes available you can just use limes. The only huge difference between the two is that the key limes are smaller and more seedier than limes. The taste is very similar. Use a grater to remove the peel from the limes. Be careful to only grate the green and leave the white peel. The white peel will result in a more bitter taste.
It’s very important to use room temperature ingredients. Always lay out the heavy cream, eggs, and cream cheese about 2 hours before you actually start making the cheesecake. The ingredients will incorporate easier and be more workable. I also use a food processor because it allows short pulses (and more even blending) vs. a hand blender and helps prevent overbeating.
Key Lime Cheesecake Topping
I made homemade whipped cream as the topping for this cheesecake. You can, by all means, use already prepared whipped cream in place of homemade. I didn’t have any on hand but did have all the ingredients needed to make it homemade. I garnished the top of the whipped cream with crushed graham crackers and sprinkled the cheesecake with lime zest.
Accessories Needed To Make the Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 7″ Cheesecake Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Instant Pot Sling or Handmade Aluminum Foil Sling
- Aluminum Foil
- Hand Grater
A Larger Cheesecake
What if you have an 8 qt. Instant Pot? You can still make this cheesecake with the 7 inch pan or if you would prefer you can make this recipe in an 8-inch pan. The amount of ingredients (for the 7″) will make a slightly shorter cheesecake but it will still taste the same. If you are making the cheesecake in the 8-inch pan, you will have to adjust the time by 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
Key Lime Cheesecake Filling
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 12 graham crackers finely crushed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp crushed graham crackers
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Combine finely crushed graham crackers, 1/8 tsp salt, and brown sugar.
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter and mix in the graham mixture.
- Line bottom and sides of 7" springform pan with parchment paper.
- Press graham cracker crust into the bottom of the pan and use the back of a spoon to gently press it up on the sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, combine the room temperature cream cheese, and heavy cream. Blend using short pulses.
- Add in the sugar, cornstarch, 2 tsp vanilla, salt, lime juice, and key lime zest. Quick Pulses until just incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add in the room temperature eggs and blend using short pulses until just combined. This part is critical!
- Pour into the parchment paper-lined springform pan and allow the filling to settle.
- Gently pick up the springform pan and "tap" it onto the counter to pop any air pockets that may be in the filling. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Loosely cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and put the trivet into place.
- Create a sling out of foil or use an Instant Pot silicone sling and place it in the Instant Pot.
- Gently place the cheesecake in the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Set the pot to MANUAL and cook for 42 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to Natural Release for 18 minutes before removing the lid.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and carefully remove the foil (careful not to drop any liquid on the cake.). Use a paper towel to soak up any water that may be laying on the cake.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for 10 minutes before moving the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once cheesecake is chilled, it is safe to remove the cheesecake from the pan.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Stir together 4 tbsp of water and 1 tsp of unflavored gelatin and heat in microwave for 5 seconds. It will dissolve. Allow it to cool before adding to the heavy cream, otherwise, it will melt.
- In a larger bowl, combine 1 cup of heavy cream and beat until small peaks form.
- Add in 4 tbsp of confectioner's sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla. Beat.
- Add in the cooled gelatin and beat until still peaks form.
- Decorate top of Key Lime Cheesecake and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: