If you’re looking for a delicious blueberry muffin, look no further. I’m a huge fan of blueberries in my baked goods and these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins definitely are sure to satisfy lovers of blueberries.
This article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and it is a means to help support this blog.
Incredibly Delicious Blueberry Muffins
If I had to use one word to describe these muffins it would be, delicious. They are packed with fresh and juicy blueberries and the muffin batter is moist and fluffy. The trick to making these muffins fluffy is to not overbeat the muffin mix. If it is overbeaten the muffins will come about dense and not moist at all.
Large or Regular Blueberry Muffins
When I made these muffins, I used a jumbo muffin pan and used jumbo muffin liners. This recipe can be easily doubled to make 12 large muffins and 24 regular sized muffins using regular-sized muffin pans. I personally like bakery-style muffins so I go big!
Overloaded with Blueberries
If you’re not a lover of overloaded blueberry muffins you can decrease the amount of blueberries that you put in the mix. This recipe calls for 2 cups (1 Pint) of blueberries but you can easily decrease the amount to 1 1/2 cups. You can adjust 3/4 cup of mashed blueberries down to 1/4 cup and they would still be absolutely delicious!
Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries 3/4 cup mashed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar.
- Add in 1 egg at a time and mix.
- Mix in the baking powder and salt.
- Alternating between flour and milk, add into mixture until just combined. Mixing this by hand is a better way to ensure that you don't overbeat the mix.
- Gently stir in the mashed berries and then gently mix in the remaining berries.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Filled lined muffin tins to the top and sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
You May Also Enjoy These Recipes: