Instant Pot Sweet and Savory Pulled Pork that is ready to eat in less than an hour! This recipe is great for large crowds or barbecues!
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
Pork Sirloin Roast
I use sirloin roast in this recipe because it has less fat than butt roast or pork loin. It also makes for less work to trim any extra fat from the meat. For this recipe, I used a 3-pound pork sirloin roast and cut it into 4 large chunks. It only takes 40 minutes in the Instant Pot to get juicy, flavorful, and fall apart pulled pork.
Dry Rub for the Pork
The flavor is really packed into this pork roast due to the dry rub. I add the dry seasonings to a large bowl, cut my meat into 4 large chunks and add the meat to the bowl. I then add the dry rub to the meat and make sure it is fully covered. I toss to coat the roast well and I let it sit for just a few minutes to allow the seasonings to stick. While it sits, I slice the onions, mince the garlic, and put those ingredients into the Instant Pot.
Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
I’ve used this pulled pork recipe for many years. I would make it in my crockpot and it would take over 8 hours to be ready to eat. By making it in the Instant Pot, it’s ready in less than an hour and the meat is really tender and flavorful! I love set and forget it recipes and this is one of my favorites. It makes enough to feed a larger amount of people and you can easily double the recipe and not increase the cook time!
Make it Spicy
This recipe makes for a sweet and savory blend of spices. If you want a little more heat to your pulled pork, you adjust the spices to your liking. You can also choose a more spicy barbecue sauce to add at the end. I always make mine with a brown sugar variety but it can be changed to preference!
Instant Pot Sweet and Savory Pulled Pork
- onion rings
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Remove twine from pork if necessary and cut into 4 large chunks.
- Add meat to the large bowl and rub spices into chunks of meat. Tossing to cover completely.
- Lay sliced onions and garlic in the Instant Pot.
- Add the chunks on top.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth in the Instant Pot and cover.
- Close vent and set to MANUAL for 40 minutes.
- Allow a Natural Release for 10 minutes before releasing all pressure and removing the lid.
- Remove meat from the Instant Pot and shred the pork. I use a hand mixer, it's really quick!
- Strain the liquid from the Instant Pot and save the onions and garlic.
- Put meat back into the pot, turn on Saute and add in the barbecue sauce.
- Mix well and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: