This flavorful and easy to make Soy Sauce Chicken is made in the Instant Pot and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Quick Dinner Idea
Cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces and preparing this meal in the Instant Pot takes less than 30 minutes to cook. It only cooks for 4 minutes on the Manual setting. The chicken comes out moist, flavorful, and tender. Making white rice and a side of steamed broccoli completes this meal and takes very little time at all!
Light or Dark Soy Sauce
For this recipe, I used what I had on hand – light soy sauce. If you want your chicken to come out more rich in flavor, then switch out light soy sauce for dark soy sauce. I personally prefer the flavoring of the light soy sauce but you can make it either way!
Chicken Breast Vs. Chicken Thighs
In this recipe, I used bite-sized chicken breasts. If you prefer, you can use chicken thighs if you would like. Dark meat does tend to be more tender than chicken breasts. This Instant Pot recipe creates juicy and tender bite-sized chicken that are really flavorful.
Instant Pot Soy Sauce Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil for sauteing
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- green onions diced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- Crack 1 egg into a large bowl and beat.
- Stir the chicken into the bowl with the egg and add in the 3 tbsp of cornstarch, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 3 tbsp soy sauce. Coat well.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and wait for it to read, "HOT."
- Pour in the 2 tbsp of oil and add in bite-sized chicken pieces and mixture. (Complete this in 2 batches.)
- Brown all sides of the chicken.
- Press Cancel.
- Deglaze pot by scraping the bottom of the pot until nothing is stuck to it.
- Add in the Sauce Ingredients: 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the 1/4 cup of water.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to MANUAL for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release (QR) and stir.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and garnish with green onions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: