Delicious and creamy sausage and gnocchi soup made with flavorful spices and chopped spinach in the Instant Pot.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
Flavorful Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
This Instant Pot recipe takes a short amount of time and makes a really flavorful dish. This recipe has fennel seeds which bring out the flavors in the sausage which is the star of this soup. The gnocchi and spinach is added at the end and is sauteed for about 5 minutes and comes out perfect!
Simple To Make
This Intant Pot Sausage and Gnocchi soup is made using the Saute feature and the pressure cook feature. After sauteeing the sausage, veggies, and spices, the broth is added and is pressure cooked for 10 minutes. A natural release is performed afterward. This step is really important because if a quick release is done, it will suck the moisture and the flavor out of the sausage! It will not come out flavorful and will not be as tender. A natural release should always be done where meat is involved for this very reason. Once the natural release is done after the 10 minute wait time, the Instant Pot is turned back to Saute and the remaining ingredients are added and sauteed for 5 minutes.
The gnocchi is added at the end so that it does not overcook. The gnocchi will pop to the top of the soup while sauteeing and that is how you know it is done! I always add the slurry (cornstarch and water) at about 3 minutes remaining because it gives the soup a chance to thicken up right before serving.
Instant Pot Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add sausage.
- Break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the fennel seeds, salt, pepper, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- Saute until the sausage is browned.
- Add in the 4 cups of broth and place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the vent.
- Cook on MANUAL (Pressure Cook) for 10 minutes.
- Allow a 10 minutes Natural Release before removing the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add the chopped spinach, heavy cream, and gnocchi.
- Create a slurry by mixing together the cornstarch and water. Add to the pot and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: