One of my favorite things to eat at Outback Steakhouse is their delicious potato soup! If you like Outback’s potato soup, give this Copycat Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup made in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Potato Soup
It takes time to make a potato soup, tender, creamy, and smooth. You can’t rush it over stove top because you run the risk of burning and the flavors not incorporating well. Using the Instant Pot makes things so much easier because the Instant Pot does all the work!
This recipe is easy to create and tastes like Outback Steakhouse’s Potato Soup! The flavors are rich and the soup is creamy and smooth. Now you can make Outback’s Signature soup at home! You can serve it with some delicious breadsticks and call it a meal – it’s that good!
Instant Pot Potato Soup (Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion diced small
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock 1 32 oz container
- 8 potatoes diced into small pieces
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken 10.5 oz
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- bacon cooked and into bits
- scallions diced
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and melt butter.
- Add in onions and garlic and stir.
- Add in 1 cup of the chicken broth and add in the flour.
- Mix well and then add in remaining chicken broth.
- Add in potatoes, cheddar cheese, and cream of chicken. Stir well and close lid.
- Set timer to manual and 10 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Release lid and add in half & half, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Garnish soup with cheese, bacon, and scallions.