A creamy Chicken Tortellini soup made in the Instant Pot using simple ingredients. This soup is ready in less than 30 minutes.
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
Dump and Start Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick throw together meal for a busy weeknight or weekend, this recipe is it. Simply dump everything into the pot except the tortellini, half & half, and thickener. After the Instant Pot is done cooking, set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add in the last ingredients and only cook for about 3 to 5 minutes longer. It’s really that simple!
Simple Soup Recipe
Making this Chicken Tortellini Soup in the Instant Pot is really simple. The ingredients list is quite small and uses everyday ingredients. I used 3-cheese tortellini for this recipe because I absolutely love cheese in my soups. If you prefer, you can use mushroom or any other variety you would like. It’s important to add the tortellini in the last step to make sure you don’t overcook the pasta. It takes about 3 to 5 minutes to reach the desired texture and doneness of your pasta.
I also used half & half in this recipe. If you have heavy cream or evaporated milk on hand, you can use those instead. It may change the texture of the soup overall, but they are interchangeable.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and salt into the Instant Pot.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Top off with the 4 cups of chicken broth. Don't stir.
- Close the lid and set to MANUAL for 15 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to Natural Release for 10 minutes before venting and opening the lid.
- Turn the pot to SAUTE and add in the cheese tortellini and half & half.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 3 tsp of cornstarch and the 3 tsp of water.
- Add the slurry to the Instant Pot, stir, and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes (until desired tenderness for tortellini).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: