Homemade Cheesy Lasagna is one of my favorite dishes to eat and to make. I’m guilty of making super quick and easy meals but when I have the time, I love to make this for dinner. Now that I think of it, I’m not really sure why I don’t make it more often; it really doesn’t take a lot of active time and I love to create my meals from scratch and my family does, too!
Tips for Making This Homemade Cheesy Lasagna
Using fresh parsley is important in making this dish. Not only does it make the sauce smell amazing but it also gives a wonderfully fresh taste to the dish. In addition to the fresh parsley, an important step to this dish is to let the sauce simmer. It’s always flavorful and delicious, and honestly, you just can’t beat a homemade dish!
After baking, let the lasagna cool for about 15 minutes before serving. It will result in the ability to portion it off without it spilling everywhere. I think we’ve all made that mistake of serving lasagna as soon as it comes out of the oven. Let it rest, it’s worth it!
It you’re serving sides, garlic breadsticks and caesar salad are perfect to serve with this homemade cheesy lasagna. By garnishing the top of the lasagna, it adds to presentation and makes for pretty plating when serving guests.
My family gets excited when they come home to the wonderful smell of melting cheese and simmering tomato sauce. Presumably so, it’s a meal that our family enjoys and I hope your family will love it, too!
This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links or images I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and helps support this blog.
PIN THIS IMAGE to your Pinterest board!
Homemade Cheesy Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles I use oven ready
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet italian sausage
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasnoning
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375° and line 9x13 dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown beef and Italian sausage in large pot. Drain and crumble.
- Add in garlic, onion, sauce, paste, and diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in 1 tbsp sugar. Add salt, pepper, and parsley to taste.
- Simmer on low, stirring occasionally for about an hour.
- In large bowl, combine shredded cheese with egg. Sprinkle with fresh parsley
- Slowly stir in ricotta cheese and until well blended.
- In prepared 9x13 dish, Spread half of the meat mixture in dish.
- Top with lasagna noodles.
- Spread half of cheese mixture evenly across noodles.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- After topping with remaining cheese, spread evenly and cover dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for about another 15 minutes. Just until tops have browned.