Classic Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
These Classic Oatmeal Cookies are topped with a smooth and sweet glaze made just for these oatmeal cookies. It’s one of my favorite cookies to make because they’re so easy and the recipe yields a large amount making them perfect for large gatherings or gift giving.
The cookies only take a few minutes to whip together and under 10 minutes to bake. Letting them cool on a baking rack before adding the glaze prevents the icing from warming up and dripping and running off the cookies. You may be tempted to add the icing while they’re still a touch warm but wait until they’re completely cool.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER COOKIE RECIPES
This article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and it is means to help support this blog.
Soft & Chewy Classic Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 1/4 tsp milk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In electric mixer beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and milk together until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add in vanilla, stir.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda a little at a time and mix well.
- Add in the 3 cups of oats and mix. Stir on low or by hand at this point.
- Use a cookie scoop to put on cookie sheet or drop by rounded tablespoon full.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and then let cool completely before topping with icing. If you do not wait the icing will thin out and run.
- After cookies have completely cooled. Mix together the heavy cream, milk, and confectioner's sugar. Using spoon drizzle icing on cookie and spread out.
- Let icing harden and enjoy!