These Chili Stuffed Peppers are perfect to add to any Game Day Party. They’re easy to make and are filled with delicious homemade chili and topped with cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
Picking Your Peppers
If you’ve never made stuffed peppers I have a quick tip for you! When picking your peppers our in the produce section, make sure you pick peppers that have even bottoms so that way your peppers will stand up straight and not fall over. You don’t want the peppers to fall over in the oven and make a huge mess. If you do happen to pick peppers that aren’t even on the bottom, you can also wrap aluminum foil around the bottoms to help them stand up.
Making the Peppers with Homemade Chili
For this recipe, I used my Instant Pot Homemade Chili recipe. If you would rather make the chili on the stove, no worries. You can make this recipe on the stove top easily, it just takes more time for the vegetables to get tender and for the flavors to come through.
Chili Stuffed Peppers
- Recipe for Homemade Chili
- 4 bell peppers any colors of choice
- sour cream
- mild cheddar cheese shredded
- green onions
- Prepare chili according to the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut tops off bell peppers and discard.
- Cut out centers of peppers including any white strips inside the peppers.
- Once the chili is done, stuff peppers with chili.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of shredded cheese on tops of peppers.
- Turn oven to broiler setting and broil until cheese is melted. It takes just a few minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully place peppers on serving plates. Peppers will be very hot to the touch.
- Place the desired amount of toppings on peppers and enjoy.