This chicken & spinach manicotti is made in a skillet on the stove top. It’s stuffed with parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses. It’s a great recipe for a date night in!
One Pan Meal
This recipe is super easy to clean up because it’s made in one skillet! Simply cook and dice up the chicken, then set the chicken aside to use in the cheese stuffing. Add the sauce, water, and diced tomatoes to the skillet and then the stuffed manicotti shells. It’s that simple!
Quick Skillet Manicotti Meal
After preparing this dish, it only takes about 16-20 minutes to cook the shells through on the stove. That’s much faster than boiling the shells on the stovetop and then placing the stuffed shells in the oven for 45 minutes. You still have a delicious meal and it’s ready in less than 45 minutes! I love skillet meals just for that reason, they’re so quick and you don’t miss out on any flavors!
RELATED: Homemade Cheesy Lasagna
Chicken and Spinach Skillet Manicotti
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast diced small (1 breast)
- 16-23 oz thick traditional pasta sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- mozzarella cheese to sprinkle
- Cook chicken and dice it up into small enough pieces. Dice them small enough to stuff them into the manicotti shells.
- Mix together parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, add in the chopped spinach and ricotta cheese.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Stuff the manicotti shells completely full with the cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, mix together the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and the water.
- Place the shells in one layer inside the skillet.
- Heat on medium until it comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Flip the shells and cook for about another 8 minutes.
- Move around shells occasionally to prevent sticking. Adjust cooking time to ensure shells are cooked.
- Top manicotti with sprinkled parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Sprinkle with chopped spinach and serve.