This dump and go Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is perfect for Instant Pot beginners or for seasoned users!
This article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links I may earn a small commission, it is no extra cost to you and it is a means to help support this blog.
This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is Great for Beginners
This Instant Pot recipe is great for beginners because you literally dump all of the ingredients in except for the tortillas and garnishments. Set the timer, let the Instant Pot come to pressure, and wait. It’s that simple! This recipe goes from pot to belly in under 3o minutes – now that’s a quick dinner!
Shredded or Diced Chicken
Traditionally, chicken tortilla soup calls for shredded chicken. You can surely still do that! Simply shred the chicken breasts with a fork after performing the quick release on the Instant Pot. Or, you can dice the chicken up into bite-sized pieces and dump it in with the rest of the ingredients. Either way you choose to do it, the chicken will still come out juicy and tender.
Toppings Make This Meal
Crisped tortilla strips, freshly sliced avocado, and the flavors of lime really make the flavors in this recipe really pop. Serving this soup with a freshly squeezed lime enhances the flavors of the soup and the tortillas help soak up the delicious flavors in the broth.
RELATED: Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can small red beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 package super sweet corn
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oil for frying tortillas
- 2 tortillas
- avocado sliced
- lime sliced
- Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- diced parsley
- Dice the chicken into bite-size pieces or leave them whole to shred them after the meal is done cooking.
- Add all ingredients into the Instant Pot except for the tortillas, oil, and garnishments.
- Set to manual and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat oil in a skillet and crisp the tortillas on both sides. Cut into thin strips.
- After the Instant Pot is done cooking, perform a quick release. Serve with strips of tortilla, sliced avocado, lime, and shredded cheese.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: