Cherry Hand Pies
I’ve made these pies for a few years now and my family always enjoy them. These Cherry Hand Pies are a great treat to make for your family or friends for Valentine’s Day or just to say, “I love you.” Although, they take very little time to make, they look as though they took a lot of work! My favorite thing about making them is that they’re just so easy!
Cherry Hand Pies Video Tutorial
Check out my video to make these pies and see how easy they are to make for yourself! You’ll have great looking pies in no time! With the process being really quick and the ingredient list being small… you’ll enjoy making them and they’ll enjoy eating them. Obviously so, it’s a win-win for everyone!
Of course, you can substitute the cherry filling for any filling that you like. That’s another great thing about making hand pies, you can shape them and fill them any way you want. I vary the shape and flavor depending on the holiday, berry in season, or depending on the flavor requested. Because they’re so easy to make you could really make a variety of flavors and let your loved ones choose which to eat.
When it comes to garnishing these adorable pastries you can either go easy on the powdered sugar as seen below…
Go all out! My husband prefers the latter. Which do you prefer? Let me know in comments and tell me what your favorite flavor of pie is!
Whatever the occasion, they’re sure to enjoyed.
Check out my other variations of these hand pies:
As you can see, you can get really creative with these!
Liked this recipe and want to see more? Check out my other recipes here
Cherry Hand Pies Recipe (Video Tutorial)
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat pot on low and mix cherry pie filling and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until blended and warm.
- Roll out pie crusts and cut out 5 hearts per pie crust. (This is vary depending on size of your cookie cutter.
- Roll out remaining dough to make extra pies.
- Using fork whisk egg in small bowl and spread egg wash over pie crusts.
- Add a spoonful of cherry pie mixture on top of pie crusts.
- Place pie crust on top of cherry filling and seal edges using fork.
- Cut slits in top crust to let pies vent.
- Spread egg wash over tops of pies.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops of pies are a golden brown.
- After removing from oven sprinkle desired amount of confectioners sugar.